Lamtayel.co.il is brimming with information about many travel destinations around the world, which is displayed in different sections and formats. This information is accessible through different topics in order to make it easier for the user.
- Articles: the website holds thousands of articles and reports from around the world in a hierarchical order: continent, country and city. The site holds information about 235 countries.
- Forums: The Lametayel website forums are organized by destinations (Asia, Pacific, America, Europe etc.) and by topics (traveling with the family, ski, health issues, equipment, extreme sports etc.). More than 1,000 new messages a day are being published in the different forums.
- 1001 Tips: Over two million of users' recommendations from travels abroad and in Israel. The tips include the most updated information for travelers, business trips, backpackers and family vacations.
- My Trip's Itinerary: Here the user can create a dynamic map with the intended locations of his future trip, add photos and plan the whole journey. It is a great tool to allow family members and friends of the user to know where he is in every given moment, as well as to allow other travelers to contact him along the way.
- Video: A large online library of travel videos from around the world, in addition to videos from our local users.
- Podcast: Audio tours that can be downloaded to any MP3 device, and are great as way to organize a trip abroad. This section is produced together with iCast, the Israeli first podcasting website.
- Reporters from the Field: This section is all about our users' travel stories. We publish hundreds of trip reports and travel diaries every year, which include useful information about travel destinations around the globe.
- Travel Blogs: An extensive platform for travel journals, submitted by our members in their own blogs.
- Lametayel Magazine: A large archive that includes hundreds of editorial articles about tourism issues. From nature and landscapes through urban architecture, from Israel through information for backpackers and family trips in remote places.
- Extreme Sports: This section includes content about adventurous travel and extreme sports. On land– jeep, bicycles, trains and motorbike trips. In the air– free diving and parachuting. Deep in the sea– diving, rafting and kayaking.
- Important Information: A section that includes data about Israeli representatives abroad and foreign representatives in Israel, Jewish centers abroad, foreign language dictionaries and so on.
- Medical Guide: Everything the user needs to know about medical issues abroad. The content has been written and coordinated by doctors from the Rabin Medical Center and geographical doctors.
Lametayel.co.il has also two satellite websites:
- Lametayel’s Ski Website: ski.lametayel.co.il
Lametayel’s Ski website is the leading online information source for skiers in Israel. The site holds information about the leading ski resorts according to chosen criteria: number of elevators, restaurants, data about the snow height and more. The site includes maps of the different resorts and online cameras, which show the real time situation in the resorts. The site has an active community, which participates in the forum, shares ski videos, tips and recommendations.
- Framily travel: family.lametayel.co.il
The largest website in Israel, dedicated for family travel around the world. The site presents useful information about travelling with children, tips, articles, itineraries, attractions etc. The website also offers various games for download, for children.
- Travel in Israel: www.tiuli.com
Israel's leading local travel website. The website offers over 150 itineraries for traveling in Israel, a massive attractions database, a dynamic journal updated with all the current cultural and other events across the country, a discussion board for travelers, a magazine with various interesting articles and more. The website also has an iPhone application.
Statistics about Lamtayel.co.il (according to data from April 2009)
- The site was established in December 1999.
- The website includes above 350,000 information pages that are updated by specialists, users and through strategic cooperation.
- An average monthly user’s count of 500,000.
- An average daily user count of 35,000 during summer months and in the ski period.
- The duration of a user's visit in the site is of 8 minutes.
- 12.5% of the users are between the ages of 18-22.
- 14.5% of the users are between the ages of 23-27.
- 32% of the users are between the ages of 28-40.
- 13.5% of the users are between the ages of 41-50.
- 14% of the users are 50 up.
- An average of 7.39 pages is viewed by each user on a typical visit.
- New messages in the forums – 1100 a day.
- New messages in the online partnership board – 65 a day.
- The Users Club includes more than 290,000 members who enjoy benefits and are being updated about whatever is happening in the site.
- A newsletter is being sent once in every two weeks. The click percentage – 56%.
- The younger users (aged 18– 22) use the services of the website before their trip abroad for a period of around 8 months.
- Using lametayel.co.il is totally free.
- lametayel.co.il - this is the way to update Israeli travelers with the information you have.
- Now is the time to purchase relevant and up to date advertising space that is appropriate for the product on one hand, and directed towards the target market on the other.
- Check our stores all around Israel - the best place for outdoor gear equipment.